Should I do a theme post?? Why not!
I was drinking a bottle of Novy Wine last Friday night when the idea came to me. Alex and I love wine. We love wineries, Napa CA, Sonoma, CA and we miss the fun we used to have on our Napa road trips.
The last time we headed out to Napa I was 4 weeks pregnant. I had no clue I was pregnant.
Here I am.....glowing right? ! I couldn't figure out why I was getting so car sick on this trip.....I tested the day after we got home and wouldn't you know!
We first started going to Napa in 2005 and we fell in love. We loved the drive, the food, the wine and the surroundings. I wanted to write a blog on Wednesday's about our favorite places to eat and drink in Napa and I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.
Our first trip was filled with a lot of trial and error. A lot of tourist traps that we never fell for again. Except for a winery called Siduri and Novy. When you go to Napa and Sonoma Counties you always expect to taste wine on a beautiful vineyard so imagine my shock when we pulled off a busy freeway and into a business park. Every bottle was heavenly! If I remember correctly we bought almost every bottle. There was one bottle in paticular that I loved. It was a Novy dessert wine and goodness it tasted like candy in a bottle.....the next trip out I bought four bottles that still sit in my wine fridge.
The employees at Siduri are just the nicest people and we always made a point to visit every trip out. When we opened our bottle on Friday I smelled the wine and I felt as though I was there in that business park drinking wine again. If you ever need a good wine Siduri and Novy are excellent choices!
When we first started going to Napa it was a once a year deal that turned into 2-3 weekend get away's a year. We felt at home, relaxed and had very full bellies.
This picture was taken in 2005 on our first trip out. I remember having so much fun and wanting to visit again and again. Now we haven't gone back since I was pregnant and we miss it. I have such a hard time leaving Isla just to go get my nails done let alone to take a 7hr road trip. I have a feeling I won't be leaving Isla over night until she's 3 or 4. I bet the first place we would go would be Napa. Our next trip out I want to stay on Washington Street in Yountville and eat all the yummy food Washington Street has to offer. We've talked about going for our 10 year anniversary but that's approching fast and I just don't know if that will happen.
I hope you'll tune in every Wednesday for more pictures and stories.


3 comments:
I frigin love me some wine :)
Good post barb. You made me jealous. Lol! I've only been to wine country once and it was with a baby so it wasn't as wine-oriented as it could have been. :)
I remember your last Napa trip so clearly! Think it would be great if you two could get back there to celebrate the past fifteen months! You KNOW I'm happy to watch Ms. Mae and Mr. Bagel! Love you to pieces!!!
Stef a trip to wine country sans baby is a must!! I really hope you get to do that someday!
Thank you Jenn.....We love you right back!! Now come visit damn it!
Post a Comment