So I bought shorts. What’s the big deal you ask?
Well I haven’t worn a pair of shorts since I was in my early 20’s . Things have changed since then. Let’s just say I’ve aged. I’ve put weight on and have taken it off. I’ve been pregnant. Does your body ever recover from that? No I don’t think it does. Does any normal non famous woman have perfect legs? I wouldn’t think so but heck I could be wrong. Do you reach a certain point in life or certain age where stuff like that doesn’t always matter? I think so. So yes I bought shorts. They fit, they were comfortable and well I didn’t feel like a cow wearing them! SOLD! I get home to try them on and my goodness my legs are white…..I’m talking blinding white. The kind of white that makes you think my legs have never left the house. Note to self: “Must tan before wearing shorts”. Well what mom has time to go tan by the pool? I stocked up on self-tanner. No problem I thought, piece of cake. After my run I applied this self-tanner (it was in the form of a towelette) I thought “This is great I will wake up with a beautiful tan!” HA!
Well I got up and I looked like a tanned zebra. What did I do? Well the shorts went back in the drawer. I stopped using it until my streaks went away and kept my legs under wraps for a week and all is good now. *PHEW* I do have nice tanned legs now though! J I bought a new product ……a lotion that works over time and is very subtle. That’s more up my alley. Will I reveal these somewhat tanned legs this weekend? We’ll just have to see.
Now here's a girl that can wear shorts!
Everyone should be this happy wearing shorts!


4 comments:
Oh man, I couldn't relate more with this post. I don't think it matters how much of the "baby fat" I lose, I'm pretty sure my legs will always be big, ugly, and white!!
I think I might follow your lead, though, and try some self tanner......that might make me feel a little better :)
What brand did you use?
And I agree, there comes a time when things like having the perfect body just don't matter as much :)
I'm happy you liked it! The good thing about a tan on the legs is it makes you look thinner! YAY! Heres a link I found for you http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/revitalizing-daily-moisturizer.aspx
I'm noticing other products on that website that look good too! :)
Sorry It didn't paste :(
OK, I am dying over here! LOL. Are you sure you're not writing about me?? First off, I don't own a pair of shorts... not since about 5th grade. Capris, yes. Shorts, no! But I do have some lovely spring skirts so I figured it was time to give my legs some color. Yes, I am Hispanic. No, that does not mean my legs are already tan. I'm only Hispanic from the waist up. LOL. I bought some self tanning spray. Ah! My ankles looked burnt orange... and I didn't even apply any on my ankles! Anyway. I exfoliated like crazy and now I'm using a gradual lotion tanner. Barb, I swear we're sisters from another mother ;)
LOL! Karina you crack me up! You're my hispanic sister! ;) I'm with you I have lots of spring skirts and tons of capris and now one just one pair of shorts! The gadual lotion is much better huh? When we meet up we'll have to compare tans ;) lol
Post a Comment