Monday, April 11, 2011

Rock a bye baby

SO tonight as I was rocking, nursing and cuddling my sweet girl and I felt relaxed. I had flashbacks to a short year ago when my baby looked like this
She has always been a cuddly girl. She always fell asleep on our chest and always liked being held close. I remember a time when her whole little body would fit right on my chest. She was such a peanut!

I rocked her like I do every night and she nuzzled into me, griping her blankie and sucking her thumb. I feel at peace when she cuddles me. I know there is no other place that makes her feel more secure, more relaxed and more loved then in my arms and as I sat there holding her she rubbed my arm and I felt so calm and in love. I feel so blessed to have this little girl to cuddle with. She is our entire world.
Isla is a toddler that is always on the move......she wants to explore everything the world has to offer but at the end of the day she is just so calm and so sweet.
I also get a little sad during these times. I get sad because I know there will become a point where she will be to big to rock. There will become a time where I will no longer nurse. There may even become a time when she won't want to cuddle mommy before bed and these things make me sad. I try to breath them in while I can cause I now know how fast the time can go.
I hope everyone can get a good cuddle in tonight!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

so sweet ;)

Unknown said...

Hold on to those moments! Elliott has never been a cuddler :( I try, but she just doesn't like it unless she's sick. I find other ways to feel close to her, but a cuddly baby is a very special thing to have! I'm hoping our next one lets me cuddle more often!

Lori said...

awwwww.. this made me tear up ;)
I was just thinking the same thing when I put Joshua to bed tonight. We always cuddle in my bed when I feed him and for a little while after. I was so happy but, got sad thinking that before I know it he will grow up and there will be no more cuddle time :(

stefraab said...

Awww great post barb :)
So true too. I love being able to cuddle and rock alice to sleep - and I love that she loves cuddling with me because I know someday she won't want to :(

But for now it's awesome.

jlynn30 said...

Awe..so cute! Bedtime is our only cuddle time and it's my favorite! I only give it up once a week or so! LOL.

Unknown said...

Awe...I'm so happy you all liked this! It's such a sweet time (bedtime) I just can't believe how big they all are!