Sunday, April 24, 2011

Isla's 2nd Easter

Last Easter Isla had no idea what was going on.....She slept and nursed her way through most of it and I remember not getting much food because I was nursing most of dinner. This year was different, exciting and so fun!

Isla woke up and we led her down the stairs and she saw him.....Mr. Chick. She was so excited to hug him. Then she saw her basket filled with goodies. She kept saying "ooh, cool" Cool is a new word that Isla enjoys saying and it cracks us up. I filled her little Easter eggs with chex cereal and she loved learning how to open them and eating the goodies inside.

After breakfast we headed out to Ikea....We needed some things for the house and thought it would be a fun outing on such a drizzly cold day. Now to say Isla loved Ikea would be an understatement! We couldn't keep up with her......and when can we ever? She wanted to touch everything. Spirited would be a good word to describe Isla :) While at Ikea we saw a tent and Alex just had to buy it for his little girl. He just knew she would love playing in it and boy was he ever right! We set it up right when we got home and she loved playing with it all afternoon.

For Easter dinner Alex is making homemade mint pasta with a lamb ragout. It's SO good....and the word good doesn't even give this dish justice.

I'm so blessed that was able to spend this holiday with my two favorite people and my favorite fluffy dog! I hope everyone is having the best Easter and creating wonderful memories!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG THE TENT! I am in love! She is just the most precious thing ever! The bucket on the head?! MR. CHICK?! Cute, cute, cute! So glad you guys had a fun day! Looks like it couldn't have gone any better. <3 <3 <3 P.S. that dinner looks AMAZING!

Jennifer said...

Does she really say cool?! LOL that is too much! :P

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn! :)
Hahaha! YES she says "Cool" It's hilarious. "cool" and "wow" are big right now. She wants to share her tent with Auntie Jenny :) xoxox

Lori said...

I love the pics!!! I'm so glad to hear that the three of you had a wonderful Easter!!! You will give Isla so many precious memories as she grows up!!!
I love her little tent!!!
the easter bunny gave Joshua the same bert and ernie "opposites" book... I think the easter bunny shops at Target??? LOL ;)

Lori said...

oh....I forgot to add...i LOVE that she says COOL!!! how adorable is that?!?!???

Unknown said...

Thanks Lori! :)

Lol! Lori I did notice that the bunny did a lot of Target shopping.....He must of loved those dollar bin deals!