"Wanna go for a run?" Now if you say these 5 simple words in front of Wally you will have one excited dog. He will tilt his head to the side, jump up and down and run in circles.
I used to run 5 mornings a week. I would get up at 5:45am and run till 6:30am then I would get ready for work. I hated the 5:45 wake up call but I did it for years. I did it until I found out I was pregnant. I have now become a lump of clay that thinks chasing a toddler and pushing her in a stroller counts as a work out. I decided to change that. I started running again.....only 3-4 nights a week but it's something. I will be running after I put Isla to bed at night and I really hope I can keep it up. I fear that once school starts this may be the first thing to go.
So I put on the running shoes last night and I did it. It felt like I had never stopped, it felt good. I love being outside and being with my dog when I work out. I took my old running path and I felt like me again. I'm a little sore today but nothing I can't handle and it just means it's working, right? I just hope it pays off and I can stay motivated....in fact I wish it was my turn to run tonight but it's Alex's so I'll just have to wait.
I'll leave you with a picture of me and Wally. This was taken about 4 years ago when I had time to paint my nails, do my hair, put on make up and relax with a glass of wine! Well I still do all those things except paint my nails...... Now I gotta run ;)

6 comments:
wow!!! That's awesome!!! I wish I could find that kind of motivation!!!!
oh...and awesome pic of you and Wally :)
Good for you. What a great time to sneak some mommy time in and some Wally time! ;) Great pic!!
I love it! I wish I could run with both dogs at once but only Belle is leashed trained. I am going to start running again as soon as Kevin's signs up for our gym membership b/c it's too hot to run outside!
Thanks girls! I used to LOVE that picture :)
I'm supposed to run tomorrow and Friday....I hope the rain stays away so I can!!!!
Thanks for your comments and I'm so happy this thing is being read! :) :)
Lump of clay?! Hardly! But I'm glad you're exercising... so good for the ol' soul!
Post a Comment