Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Weekend

Our Easter Sunday's are pretty simple and I will be changing that next year......Next year when Isla knows what's going on.
 As a kid I had the best Easter's and I'm happy to say I have the best memories. Every year my Mimi would buy me a fancy Easter hat and a beautiful over the top dress, shoes and socks. I was her only grand-daughter and she spoiled me just a wee bit! :) I would have an Easter basket full of goodies and an Easter hunt in her backyard. My Mimi lived next door to me and that made things super fun and easy. After the egg decorating and hunt we would use the eggs to make potato salad. That silly Easter bunny would hide those Easter eggs all over that backyard! I want to carry on these traditions. I want Isla to look back on her childhood and have amazing memories. I don't want Isla's good memories to stop at 16 like mine do....I want her entire life to be full of great memories. I know that may not be possible but I will do anything in my power to make it happen.

Isla's first Easter looked like this:

How sweet is that chubby bunny. I just love her!


This Easter looked like this:


 I filled her Easter basket with toddler crayons, toddler dot markers, paper and some books.I also bought her a giant chick! Shhhhh.....Don't tell her yet, it's a surprise! I love chicks and I really love chicks at Easter time. I love the thought of spring and the thought of new baby animals. New flowers blooming, new fruits and veggies growing in the garden and the spring air. It's such a wonderful season filled with pretty colors and new life.

Next year will include an Easter egg hunt and some egg decorating. I can't wait!!! Holiday's take on a whole new meaning when you have a child. You get to relive your childhood. You get to see their eyes lite up! I hope everyone has an amazing Easter weekend!

2 comments:

stefraab said...

You are too cute barb :) I cannot wait until Alice is old enough to appreciate a good easter egg hunt.

We always had a dog or two so my parents hid our baskets full of chocolate and made us a sweet clue game from "the easter bunny". I hope to do something similar. Our damn cats would just use hidden eggs as cat toys - lol

Unknown said...

Thanks Stef.....I'm so happy you liked it!

HAHAHAHAHA! I love that Stef :) Knowing your cats they will attack Alice's Easter basket. That bunny will have to get creative with it's hiding skills ;)