Let me take you through my mind as I shop at my favorite store.....Target! A typical day of shopping at target has many ups and downs and many emotions. I start off super happy, "we're going to Target", "I found a reason to go to Target and I have my list at hand." I get Isla and I both ready and we head out, happy. We enter the store and then it starts, I see so many wonderful things. The first trap that gets you is right when you walk in....."The dollar bins!" I start loading up, heck the stuffs only a dollar so I must have these things. Are these things on my trusty list? Nope! Then you hit the clothes and accessories, well all woman know this is a deadly trap. "I so need another t-shirt to match the 10 others in my closet oh and I need a new pair of Capri's for summer and look how comfy they are!" So into the cart they go.....is any of this on my list? Nope! Now my next stop is the most deadly of them all, the BABY section! Now mind you I have a girl and girls are just so dang fun to dress I tell ya! So with that being said Isla could always use a new outfit, pair of shoes, headband, socks, toys and sippy cups....right? Was any of this on my list? Well some of it was! In between the baby section and the home section there are some sections I don't stop in....Goooo me! The sporting goods, electronics and well I guess that's it, 2 sections. Now onto the real stuff I came to buy......Paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry detergent, you know the necessities. Now on to the check out, this is when panic sets in, now I'm sweating and looking in my cart thinking to myself : "What can I ditch right here and now?" Let me tell you most of the time I ditch nothing because you see I NEED it all! The scanner starts....beep, beep, beep. Now crap it's not even half way through my cart and It's at $100! Really? I swipe the card sign and leave feeling sad, angry, and guilty. See this is why I said shopping at Target causes many emotions. I load it all up strap Isla in her car seat and think about all my new stuff. I think about all the stuff I bought and did not need. Now I know I'm not the only woman to feel this love/hate relationship with Target, there has to be others like me! That store is so wonderful but yet everytime I leave I swear to myself it will be weeks before I come back......2 weeks counts, right?
"Oh No mommy what did we just do??"

3 comments:
Barbara, these are great! Nice writing.
Haha!! I am totally guilty of that! Target is evil and wonderful all at the same time.
Oh my goodness, I have a love-hate relationship with Target!! I even go there when I'm bored, just so that Ellie and I have something to do :)
And, I always bring a snack for Ellie, because I know it's never just a quick stop!
Post a Comment