We decided to rip out our overgrown garden and plant fruits and veggies. Alex and I thought it would be a wonderful way to teach Isla where food really comes from, not some box or bag from a grocery store but from the earth. Well the kid just had a ball going to the nursery to pick out her new plants but also planting them with mommy and daddy. We planted Tomatoes, a peach tree, fennel, carrots, strawberries and some pretty flowers.
Did I mention she had a blast! She loves moving all the planters, brooms and "helping" mommy and daddy. She also decided it was a lot of fun to put dirt in her hair and she really loved the taste of dirt! I was so happy to provide this experience with her. I think it's so important for toddlers to get dirty and explore their surroundings. I want my girl to experience life!
2 comments:
I didn't know you had a blog! I have some reading material now! Adorable pictures too!
Thank you!! I have to find your blog :)
Post a Comment