Do mom's ever get a break? That would be a big fat NOPE! You see I'm the type of mom that doesn't get out much without my Isla Mae at my side.......My sitter options are kinda limited and Alex works 10-11 hr days. Heck I can't even go to the doctor or dentist by myself. My first real long break will be next Tuesday when I take my placement exam for college.
Do dad's get a break? That would be a big fat YES! They get a break when they drive alone to go to work. They get a break when they go out to eat with co-workers. They get a break if they decide to go out for the night.
Mom's can get a break if they can find a sitter and go out but I think it's different. I think mom's will always be thinking of their children. If I were to get a break and there has been a handful of little times I have had one and this is what goes on in my head. "What if she wakes up and knows I left?" "What if she misses me?" "What if she hungry, tired, teething?" "What if she just really wants mommy and no other person in this whole entire world will do, except mommy?"
When Isla was a newborn right on up to 6 months I never had a break, I was a nursing mother and she never accepted a bottle so well I had to be with her at all times. Now that she's older it's a lot easier to leave her in someone elses care but it still rarely happens. So you see my friends this is why mom's never get a break. Mom's are so hard working and we get paid in hugs, kisses and sweet cuddles. It's the best job in the world but it's the hardest job in the world. There is nothing that can prepare you for it and it's a hard thing to understand until you become a mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in this entire world......the girl has my heart forever but it would be nice to have a break :)
No comments:
Post a Comment