Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Post Ofiice, Greeting Cards and More.........

So Isla and I had our first visit to the post office well our first visit without her being strapped into a Baby Bjorn.......She's way too big for that now dang it! We were at the post office to mail a package to our dear friends in Canada. I had grocery's in the car and thought "Cool I'll just run right in and right out." HA! Our number is called and I ask the nice lady to help me pick out an envelope she did and she had me fill out a customs form as well as the envelope. Now mind you I'm carrying a 24lb toddler, a purse, a cell phone (that's where I store my addresses) and now a pen. My dear Canadian friend .....you know who you are! Please know I normally have very nice handwriting but your package will arrive looking as though a 5 year old shipped this package! Anyway as I was saying........There came a point where I could not hold the toddler, purse, cell phone, package and pen all at the same time so down went Isla, down to the post office ground! Where did I happen to place her and not give a hoot at the particular time? The greeting cards, pens and envelopes. I look down to see greeting cards scattered about and pen marks on my sweet girls arm. Did I care? NOPE! I just wanted to be done!!! The nice postal worker gives me a look and I know what she's thinking...."I'll clean it up, I promise" The entire line of people are looking at me and again do I care? NOPE!
I had become one of them, one of those mom's I used to look at before I had a child and think "How rude, I would NEVER allow my child to do such a thing" Well guess what Barbara, you just did. So package is addressed, and I attempt to clean up Isla's mess the best I can, pay and get the heck out of there!
I get to my car and try to catch my breath, I'm sweaty, and on my way home.

Barbara

5 comments:

Ron Beron said...

Well, this explains why you were so tired tonight. Loved visiting with you and certainly love the girl.

Jennifer said...

Love it! What a great story!

Unknown said...

Thank you both so much!! I'm happy you like it!

jlynn30 said...

Haha..I think we've all become THOSE moms! And I for one....love it! :)

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! I know you know how I feel Jessica!