Angels Baseball!
Alex and I have made it no secret that we love Angels Baseball. We use to go to Angel games all the time. The year before I got pregnant we went to 32 games. We were so lucky to have tickets given to us and we would purchase some on our own. It was such a fun summer!
When I was pregnant we still went to a lot of games. The first trimester was hard…..the smells made me sick and I had no energy to stay awake for the game. The day of our gender ultrasound we had tickets to the game later that day. The first thing we bought Isla was an adorable little Angels outfit….for a GIRL! I was beyond excited!
We wanted to take Isla so badly during her first year but between breastfeeding and nap schedules it never happened. Isla and I had a little photo shoot instead. Here she is wearing that cute outfit we got her the day of our gender ultrasound.
Yesterday we decided to take Isla to her first game. The games don’t really fit around Isla’s sleep schedule and a cranky toddler at a game would be no fun! The Angels had one home game at 4:00pm! Perfect! So after nap we met daddy at work and went to the game.
It felt so different walking up to the stadium with a toddler in tow. I had my purse and our Angels cooler loaded with Isla’s dinner……I think the bag weighed more than Isla. We approached the ticket booth to buy the cheapest seats we could. We knew we wouldn’t be sitting much, we’d be chasing instead. An old, tiny lady walked up to us and asked if we were looking for tickets. She said they were just $75 each. We politely declined; we told her we just wanted some cheap seats. She then told us $20 for 2 tickets. We paused…………these were great seats! So yes we bought tickets from a strange woman outside a ticket window with our toddler in tow, so sue us!
It took her a few minutes to warm up
Then she was happy!
We arrived at our great seats and Isla was scared of the vendor selling popcorn. He was so loud and she broke down crying. She sat through an inning and then she wanted to run, run, run. So we let her. We ran after her, took her to see the rally monkey pictures, the waterfall and the picnic tables where we would eat dinner.
It was exhausting but fun; it was exactly what we expected. I’m the type of girl that loves to sit at a game, eat in my seat and really pay attention to what’s going on. That can't happen now. Things change when you have a child and that's okay. Angels baseball isn't as important as it once was in my life. I still love watching the games, aftershows and reading the mlb rumors but it's just not as important. We tape and watch every game so Isla will grow up with Angels baseball in her house and the brainwashing has begun. She claps when everyone else claps and say’s “Go” when everyone chants “Let’s go Angels, let’s go!”. Brainwashing at it's finest. I can't wait to take her when she can ask a million questions about what's going on. I can't wait to take her when we can buy her a cotton candy. I can't wait to take her when she'll know where we're going and get as excited as us.
1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad you guys had fun. She is just too adorable in her little angels shirt!
And...we would have totally bought those tickets with Gavin in tow, too. LOL!
We need to get Gavin to a game this year. Now that you had such a great experiance, maybe we'll give it a shot. :)
Post a Comment