It has finally warmed up here in Southern Califormia and Isla an I have been busy. I have a feeling this is how our summer will go and I like it! The smell of sunblock, the feel of the sun, tanned skin, pool water and the sound of waves. When we go out I make sure to slather Isla in sunblock and I'm trying to apply more than I have in the past........I've already had my first bad burn of the summer. I've been sporting a tankini instead of a bikini this year and it helps me feel better. It's hard enough chasing Isla around in a bathing suit. It would be nearly impossible to chase Isla and make sure I was all sucked in. I'm tired just thinking about it. The pool and beach are not as relaxing as it was pre-toddler. Gone are the days of lounging in the water and laying out with a magazine. Now I chase....chase, chase, chase. It's become a workout really but it's still a lot of fun. We recieved our state beach pass in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to start using it. She's such an outdoors girl. As long as we're outside she's a happy camper.....most of the time. Isla is going through a phase. The "I want that and I want it now" phase. The "you won't give me that? Okay, I'll throw a fit for the world to see" phase. It's a phase that is exhausting. It's a phase that makes me have to think back to all my early childhood training. Isla is so determined and I don't want to squash that but I need to help her understand that we can't get everything we want.
![]()
Pool days with Isla Mae
Yeah my girl wears a bath robe cover up, so what!
Splash park is so fun!
Beach club fun.
I started *dieting* - dreaded word I know. I started dieting three weeks ago and the first week was super tough. I MISSED sugar and carbs like crazy. I was cranky, exhausted and wanted to give up! I lost 6lbs that first week. The second and third week I introduced whole wheat carbs and a delicious dessert with only 80 calories. It hits the spot and helps me find my happy place! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 10lbs so far. I'm running a mile 3 days a week and walking a lot with Isla. I feel much better about myself. I don't feel too deprived and that helps tons.
My kitchen remodel........I'd like to call it that, okay? Is done, done, done!! I painted all the cabinets, pantry door, baseboards and the banister. I'm so proud of myself and boy does it look good! *pat on the back* I couldn't have paid someone to do such a great job! Tooting my own horn now.
Look how shiny they are?
Well thanks for letting me play catch up. Till next time :)
3 comments:
Such cute pictures! Keep posting please!
WOW! Great job on the exercise and weight loss! I am so jealous and also inspired to start again! :) I totally feel you on the "getting tired from sucking it in" comment. This is why I only dress in ginormous T-shirts now. ;) It's very comfy. Hahahhaa! And seriously, how cute is Isla in that bathrobe! I just want to squeeze her!
We should compare notes. You should have mentioned it when we were over. Isla looks rocking!
Post a Comment