I think everyone loves a 3 day weekend. We decided to spend lots of time outdoors with Isla and it was so fun.
We hit up the Old Navy sale on Saturday. Alex watched Isla and let her run around outside while I shopped. That was amazing.....I forgot how to shop without a toddler in my dressing room. I picked out a bathing suit that *gasp* I'm pretty comfortable in and some summer clothes. Alex and Isla got some goodies too. We also made a trip to the Farmers Market and had lunch out.
Isla loves playing with the Old Navy dog. She also scored a new Brobee doll just for being cute!
On Sunday we decided to leave the house early for a drive to Long Beach Aquarium. Isla loves saying "hi ishies" whenever she see's a fishie in a book so we thought it would be fun. Thank goodness we got there early cause the place filled up fast! We were there early enough to really enjoy looking at all the "ishies" Isla would wave and run up to and talk to all the "ishies" she saw. We went outside and saw birds, seals, sea otters and Isla's favorite thing of all things......the water squirt area.
She could play with our hose in the backyard for free but why would she do that? I think I was more exhausted then Isla, chasing a toddler can make the back sore. I felt like there was so much to do and it was a lot of fun. I'm happy we took her.
On Monday we decided to go to the Dana Point Harbor and walk around. We walked on the beach, played in the water and got some ice-cream to share.
We took Isla to baby beach and we were totally unprepared for Isla to actually want to get in the water. We've taken Isla to the beach many, many times and she will maybe get her feet wet but not today. Baby beach has no rocks and no waves and she RAN in. We removed her dress and thankfully I was prepared with a blanket and extra diaper in the car so we did it old school and let her swim in her diaper for a few minutes. She loved it and the next time we go back we will be prepared and I can't wait!!
She wasn't a huge fan of her ice-cream......I think it was too cold.
We also had lots of yummy food. Alex made fish and ribs this weekend on the grill and boy o boy it was all amazing!
I just love my little family. We may not have a big family but we're so lucky. Weekends like this make me miss my dad and the big family I use to have. Having Isla in our lives has brought us so much joy and she completes our little family.





5 comments:
Sounds like such a perfect weekend :-)
Definitely the perfect weekend! You guys really packed it full of fun stuff! The pictures are too cute - especially the diaper "bikini" in the ocean. ;) Looks like she had fun splashing! <3 <3 <3
Beautiful :)
Aw...what a super cutie!! I love, love that baby beach..what a great spot. :)
Lovely lovely weekend.. love the diaper pics..
Post a Comment