Well Isla woke up sad and clingy. I knew something was wrong. Isla had her shots last week and they said to expect a fever a week from when she received the shots. So it's been a week and she has a nasty tooth coming in. Needless to say today included lots of cuddle time. I decided to speed clean the house and bake some cookies all before lunch time. I've been on a baking kick. Isla loves to have a snack after her nap and I like to have banana bread or Oatmeal raisin cookies on hand to give her. When I'm not baking I always reach for crackers and I don't like giving her crackers all the time.
Yummy Cookies
Banana Muffins
Right before I decided to take her temperature and give her Tylenol she helped me bake and still found time to cover Wally dog with her blankie.
If anyone is interested in this super easy banana recipe I found, I pasted it for you! When I made muffins I cut the baking time in half. Let me know what you think if you decide to make it. I hope everyone had a good Tuesday!!
Banana Bread
Ingredients
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Method
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

6 comments:
Um, delicious! Both the cookies and muffins look tasty! I love bananas... wonder if the recipe would work with gluten free flour? I hope the little Miss is feeling better. What's the old saying, a cookie a day...? Bet some of Mama's treats will get her perked up! Love you! xoxoxo
Those banana muffins look totally yummy! Mmmm....I might have to try them. :) Aw, poor Isla. I hope she is feeling better.
Sounds sooo yummy! Im going to try this when banana's aren't $12.00 per kilo lol
That sounds delicious! I think I'll try it on Friday :) I hope Isla starts to feel better soon!
how yummy!!!!!
This is too funny.....that is the EXACT recipe I use! I've been using it for about 5 years now. I would send Scott banana bread all the time when he was deployed! Now I put extra bananas in the freezer, and when we want banana bread I just pull a few out and whip it up! Yum!
And, I'm so sorry that Isla has a fever and isn't feeling well. It's heartbreaking to see that way :( I hope she's back to her normal self very soon!
Post a Comment