Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Isla 15 months and 15 days

How did we get to 15 months?? Wasn't it just last month we were having her 4 month well check? Time has never gone faster then it's going right now. Life before Isla seemed so meaningless.

We arrived at the doctor's office and we were seen right away. Poor Isla was still a bit freaked from the echo. When Isla saw Dr. S. she was such a good girl. She was quiet when the Dr. S. listened to her heart and shockingly she sat still!!!! I was told that whenever Isla needs to go to the dentist she will have to be put on antibiotics ahead of time because of her heart. Just another reminder that there is something there.

Isla cried while being measured and weighed. She doesn't like being separated from me even for a second when she's in a different environment such as the doctors office. Isla is now 32.2 inches long and 24lbs 14oz. 97% for height and 75% for weight.

While the doctor and I talked Isla decided it would be fun to try and open all the cupboards in the office, climb the chairs and play peek-a-boo with the doctor. Isla also showed off her nice vocabulary. She kept going to the door and saying "bye, muah." Dr. S. was so impressed with her vocabulary and the way she's putting together little sentences. That made me so happy and proud. She also loved how active and coordinated she was.

Dr. S. is amazing and we're so lucky to have her. When the doctor left the nurse came in and we all know what that means. I loathe shots, I really hate watching my baby get shots. I think when she's ten it will still be hard to watch. This time I was told to hold Isla up to my chest and that they would give her the shots in the ARM! "The arm, really?" "Isn't she too young for that?" I held her tight and then it happened.......shot one and shot two. Isla put her little face in my chest and cried! It was heartbreaking I tell ya! Once we said "bye-bye" to the office she felt a bit better. Once she saw her blankie waiting for her in the car all was really good in her world!

As I sit here looking at her growth chart I giggle because on the top it says Isla: "Eye-la" They did that on my hospital room white board too!

They grow so fast and now I sit here with a toddler. Isla is no longer a baby and that amazes me. We've made it this far and I think we're doing a pretty damn good job.



Isla soup anyone? Isla went into the kitchen got this out, placed it in the living room and climbed right in! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL that picture is too cute!
You're obviously doing a fantastic job, because Isla is such a happy, beautiful, smart little girl!
I cannot believe how quickly our babies are growing up!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! And yes, you ARE doing a fantastic job :) Every time you mention her crying I can't help but smile. That girl has the cutest little emotional cry ever! Can't wait to see you guys again. This month is a little crazy but hopefully we can make it out to Stone in a few weeks :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Amanda and Karina!! <3
It is crazy how fast they're growing.....it's so bittersweet.

Karina Stone would be so fun......Hopefully Isla won't show off her cry ;) lol I remember you loving her cry last time we met.......it's pretty cute sometimes! haha

stefraab said...

You are doing a great job! She's perfect :)