Monday, May 23, 2011

Cloudy day's and burgers

We had such a fun weekend, the kind of weekend that you want to redo.We were able to get a lot done around the house, rest and have fun. Isla was feeling better but we wanted to stay close to home just in case. We went to the Farmers Market and then we decided to take Isla to In N Out for the first time. She's a California girl so she has to love In N Out. I think everyone that grew up in this area loves In N Out and it's so yummy. You need a fix about once every other month.
We ordered Isla a grilled cheese from the secret menu and boy was it tasty! She gobbled it right up....She was taking big girl bites and saying "mmmmmm"
Mommy forgot a bib!~
Isla liked her french fries but she enjoyed dipping them in ketchup and eating it that way more!
Little known fact........I worked at In N Out when I was 17 for about 2 weeks. I couldn't cut it. That place is B.U.S.Y. I was the soda girl and I couldn't keep up! I would wear the cute little hat and apron and I thought I looked adorable.  Alex and my dad loved when I worked there because I was able to bring home free meals. Now because I worked there I know how clean and fresh it is and I don't mind Isla eating there.

On Sunday it was cloudy and drizzly but we still decided to go out. Alex wanted to drive to the end of the harbor and walk around. We drove where the road ended and came across the most beautiful scenery. Alex and I used to sit on the benches there when we were dating in high school. There was a beautiful beach you could walk down to and we took advantage of that. There use to be no beach access there until recently so we were pleasantly surprised. We went down and Isla had a ball. She loved looking at all the rocks and driftwood. I think Isla and I will visit a ton this summer.........it's just so beautiful and peaceful.
This was not a beach for swimming

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Here's to another week!

1 comment:

Eva Marie said...

Oh my gosh in n out burger is my FAV!!! Liv was only 8 months when we were in LA so she only got a taste through booby milk but I know she would gobble it up now!!! Yum
Your weekend sounds lovely!!!