Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hide and Seek

The other day I was out in the backyard with Isla when she started playing hide and seek. She leaned against the wall, covered her eyes and started counting to 10! I was shocked! Where did she learn this? It must have been from one of her shows. After she was done counting she ran away and played something else. I had her play again so I could hide and let me tell you, she's a cheater! The kid peaks the entire time she counts but playing this little game was so fun and produced lots of laughs!
We've been spending a lot of time in the backyard. We had it re- done this last fall and Alex has done a lot to make it look perfect lately. We have our fruit trees and Alex has started a vegetable garden.....he's become a bit obsessed but it's so good for our family. Isla will eat anything from the garden including basil and mint. It's a mix between adult oasis and toddler play area. Mommy and daddy have their chairs, pretty things to look at and a garden. Isla has her Cozy Coupe, sea-saw, easel and craft table. It's peaceful.





Isla is getting so big. She's the sweet girl that goes to the park and introduces herself to the other kids. "Hi honey, I Isla!" She's the sweet girl who notices a new book on her shelf and says "Thank you much mommy, you're the best!" "I love new books mama!" She makes me pretty proud. We have our toddler moments and they usually come when we are cart or stroller free when out and about but at the end of the day none of that stuff seems to matter as she kisses me goodnight and tells me she loves my eyes!

1 comment:

Raegan is my world said...

Raegan is doing the same hide and seek thing and I have no idea where she learned it but it's super cute.