Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shoes!

Thanks to Pinterest I just "had" to have these new Toms. Have you all seen these? So cute, right? I didn't get them in the cream color I saw on Pinterest because that just wasn't practical for me. I really don't treat myself too often to something like shoes. In fact the only shoes I've bought the past 2 years has been Toms.  They're the best shoes my feet have ever met. I'm all about practical....you'll never find me in boots or heels. I can't blame this on the fact that I chase a toddler all day, it's just not my thing.

While I had the shopping bug I bought Isla some new flip flops and some new T-shirts. She wanted to wear her new shoes right away so that meant I had to paint her piggies for the first time. She loved having her toes painted like mommy. She's such a girl with a bit of tom boy running through her. She'll sport a tu-tu with an Angels shirt, painted piggies and scraped up knees. She'll play with her little princess doll all while playing with her Buzz Lightyear toy.  I love that she is a little bit of both. I want her to know that there is so much more to her then what she wears. As beautiful as she is I want her to know that she's smart, sweet, and funny. I want her to know that's just as important.
She loves her Angels!
Piggies!!!!

3 comments:

stefraab said...

So adorable Barb! :) alice is the same and it kills me. Loooves her nail polish but then wants to play with her trains. I'm glad these girls don't feel bound by gender stereotypes yet. Hopefully it stays that way, eh?

Jennifer said...

Those Toms are adorable! Did you have to brave the South Coast Plaza to get them?! Isla is beyond cute! I just love how naturally eclectic she is - tomboy, girlie girl, and nature nut! Love you both!!!

Eva Marie said...

I was such a Tom boy growing up (blame it on my older brother) - I am drawn to very basic colors (grey, black, navy) liv loves all things pink hahha. Go figure! But we make an effort like you to show intro use her to everything, all sports, all toys etc.

Love the TOMS just splurged and bought a pair of TOMS ballet flats (soooo comfy) :)