Earlier this week I had a doctors appt. It was an early appt and I wasn't sure how Isla would do so I prepped early. I loaded the car with a lollipop, snack, water, her coloring book, a marker and the iPhone was loaded with Isla approved videos ready to go. We arrived and she started talking to the staff and coloring in her book. I was so proud of her. She was an angel and I think she brightened everybody's morning. I'm not going to lie - I was nervous. She's been wanting more and more independence and I'm happy to provide her with that but there are times when I have to tell her "no." There are times I have to set limits and she doesn't like that very much. She'll get it soon, she'll learn that sometimes "no" means "no."
So onto the best part of the appt......
You know that moment when they lead you to the scale at the doctors office? That moment when you take off your purse hoping it will take 5 lbs off? I didn't feel dread today....I couldn't wait to get weighed. I was hoping it would say I weighed less then what our scale at home said and it DID! I can officially say I have lost 34lbs since June 1st. That number seems huge to me! When I started this diet my pre-pregnancy weight was my goal and now those clothes are in the back of the closet....those clothes are too big or need a belt. I have worked so hard to get here. I'm running more, eating less and feeling so much better about myself. I like going into my 30's at this weight. It's the smallest I've been since my dad passed away in 2003 and I think I'm still in shock.
I lost this weight for so many reasons. I wanted to be healthier and look better. I didn't want to cringe everytime I saw a picture of myself. I also wanted to be smaller when we decided to have another baby. I didn't want to get as big as I did when I was pregnant with Isla.
Overall this has been a great week. Our backyard is finished (more on that in a later post). I was able to spend time with a good friend and Isla was able to spend time with her friend. I was able to see the results I've been working so hard to achieve and the best thing about this week was and always is Isla. She's just getting so big and so smart, I tell ya. Her sentences are becoming so complete and she's talking non-stop....she's so fun! I love how she can just make us laugh, make us so happy to be alive.
4 comments:
Wow way to go!!! Would you ever share a one day food diary on your blog? I'm really struggling with weight loss:)
That's fantastic!! Congratulations!!
Thanks girls!! :)
I would love to Carrie!! I'll try to write it up this week.
You are AHHHmazing!!! You look so great, and I just love hearing how positive your outlook is ;) I miss "chatting" with you (I've been so busy lately), but it's nice to know that you're doing so well!
Post a Comment