As we made our 15 minute drive I heard "Animals?" "Let's go....whooooo." I heard this over and over and over. We pulled in just in time for opening. I turn off the car and yell a curse word I should never yell in front of my daughter......it starts with "S" and ends with "T." Her SHOES!!!!!! I left her SHOES in the garage!!!!!! This is where the mommy brain kicks in. I swear I used to forget nothing like this before Isla was born. They say you lose brain cells while pregnant and man I believe them.....whoever "they" are. Part of me wanted to throw my hands up and say "no zoo today....we'll go running instead." I can't do that, she knows. I already told her that we're going and now we have to go. I made the drive back to the house ran in and got the shoes and drove all the way back to the zoo. *sigh* She was so good during that 45 minute back and forth commute.
It was worth it, she had a blast.
She lights up around animals
At one with her goats
It must have been her lucky day beacuse there were "umpkins" there too!
She heard a "choo-choo rain."
Is it just me or does she look so tall here?
Again it was her lucky day.....she was able to watch the train load up passangers at the train station.
So my lesson was learned. Always keep a pair of shoes in the car. A kid needs shoes.
2 comments:
I can not tell you the amount of times I have left something somewhere for me for liv for sean for anybody lol.. and i NEVER use to do that..
The one thing Liv does is take her shoes off in the car so anytime I have forgotten something like that thankfully I find another pair hanging around hehe so the annoyance of having to put her shoes on and socks on after every destination comes in handy (sometimes hehe)..
I love that she loves animals (liv is totally into them as well).. and I love you drove all the way home.. I may have been tempted to stop at a local walmart to pick up some cheapies hehe
her hair looks so much longer now.. beautiful mama
Haha :) you're such a good mama for driving all the way home! And Isla is such a smart girl!
I left Ellie's shoes as home a few weeks ago, on our way to get our pictures taken! I was so mad at myself! There was a Payless nearby so I just stopped and got her a new pair, but only because I really didn't have any other choice :/
Post a Comment