Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's fall, time for pumpkins!

I was looking forward to a pumpkin patch visit for weeks. I knew Isla would love it this year. Last year she had fun, I think. Last year she was just cruising and almost walking. Last year we went after her morning nap and had to be home for a nursing session. Last year she was bald, chubby and just talking gibberish. When we went last year it was so we could start a fun family tradition. This is the same farm where we pick strawberries in the spring and our Christmas tree in the winter. We love this farm.

As we watched her smile, run around and yell "unkins, unkins" and "hay" I was amazed. I couldn't believe a little person could grow so much in one short year.



The girl loves pumpkins. She notices them when we're in the car, on a walk or in a store. We have a little collection of mini pumpkins going. I tend to buy her one each time we go grocery shopping.

Another one of Isla's favorite things.....animals! As we walked to the animals she would say "animals, where are you?" "Animals, wooo-wooo!"
When she walked into the goat pen she was happy, content and at home. She even sat on the little ledge to just hang out with them. She would pet them, talk to them and pull their little tails. One goat tried to rip her pig tail out.....I yelled at him of course.



I couldn't help but look through the old pictures from last year and compare. This makes my mommy heart melt into a puddle.

2010 and 2011


Wow Isla and I both grew hair this year!

Peek a boo Isla!
Look at those chubby legs! I miss them so!


This tradition makes me so happy. I love picking out our own pumpkins and taking pictures on the same pile of pumpkins. I love spending time with my amazing little family. I love watching Isla smile. Happy Fall Y'all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I can't believe how much she's changed in just a year! I had the same realization while looking through my pictures! And, she looks like a totally different kid with those pigtails! So cute! I'm glad you guys had fun! That would be so cool to have just one farm for every season......we don't have one like that around here.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I can't believe how much she's changed in just a year! I had the same realization while looking through my pictures! And, she looks like a totally different kid with those pigtails! So cute! I'm glad you guys had fun! That would be so cool to have just one farm for every season......we don't have one like that around here.

jlynn30 said...

Awe, she is adorable! I love those pictures. What a great family tradition.