Sunday, July 24, 2011

Winnie the Pooh and Wally too

Over the weekend we decided to take Isla to see her favorite bear on the big screen. We took her to the first showing of "Winnie the Pooh." We went in stocked with her beloved blankie, pooh bear, snacks, and a sippy cup of water. We sat in the back with an entire row to ourselves. I thought the noise and darkness would scare her for sure but It didn't even phase her.
Now let me ask you why in the world would a kids movie have 6 previews? I mean come on people, really? She would have lasted longer during the movie if there weren't so many darn previews!!!
The theatre was filled with kids Isla's age on up to 7 or 8 so we knew a little noise from Isla wouldn't be a problem. We were all pretty much in the same boat. The movie starts and Isla asked "what's that?" I whispered to her that it was Pooh bear! She then said "Pooh Boar" and became so excited. At home she can sit through an episode of "Elmo" or "Yo Gabba Gabba" and cuddle with me no problem but she just couldn't relax in a theatre. Alex and I took turns standing with her and letting her run around the hallway for a bit. The movie was beyond cute from what I saw and we had to bail out early so I can't tell you if they ever found Christopher Robin or not....I'm assuming they did. Like I said we bailed out early,it just wasn't working but it was still fun and we were happy to take her to her first movie. We left and ate lunch out at Isla's favorite "Wahoo's" and then we all went home and took a nap. It was the first time a movie exhausted me. It was also the first movie I had gone to in a long time....I would hate to even admit how long it's been.

On Sunday we took Isla AND Wally to the dog beach in Huntington Beach, CA. They both loved it. Isla is becoming so brave with the water and wants to just dive right in. She loves the waves and has no fear. Wally on the other hand would go in but he would never swim out far. He played with doggies and would try to protect Isla by staying close to her. I know deep down he loves his little sister as much as she may pester him. I'm so happy we were able to do something they both loved and that involved Wally. He really is such a good dog.
We can only take Wally to the beach when he's shaven down for the summer or else it's BIG 'ol mess. We decided it needs to be a tradition every year. Here's some pictures of a girl and her dog.
It was a pretty fun weekend. I hope everyone out there had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I remember taking ellie to a movie when she was about 2 weeks old......but I don't think that really counts as her first movie, right? I'm glad Isla enjoyed it, even if you had to leave a little early. And the dog beach sounds like so much fun! I sometimes feel like my poor pup gets a little neglected.....although he's much too small for any kind of dog park ;)

Eva Marie said...

just wait too sweet..

I use to take Liv to Baby and Me at the theater I swear I went almost every thursday haha

i want to take the kids to the smurf movie but have a feeling this munchkin wont sit still hahah

we love the dog parks too :) jealous of the ocean being right there.. i can only dream