Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Graco replacment

 I've been wanting to get a new stroller for Isla for a while now and thought today would be the day. We still use our stroller a lot even though Isla has been walking for 9 months. We like to go for walks along the harbor, beach, mall or to the pool. We've had the same Graco stroller since she was born and it's HUGE. It takes up the entire trunk of my SUV. So we headed to Babies R Us (because I had a coupon) to look at this stroller. This was the stroller I had seen online. It looked perfect......online!

I hated it in person! Alex, Isla and I are all pretty tall and this isn't made for tall parents or their tall toddler. NEXT.......
Then I saw this stroller and I loved it, I wanted it!
It was a bit pricey and I called Alex to see what he thought....he told me to go for it if I liked it but I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to shell out the money. I now see this picture and I still want it. What to do, what to do?

I wandered around the store trying to decide how to use my coupon. I had no idea stroller shopping was so hard. I guess I'm a very picky stroller shopper. While test driving many strollers I realized how much I love my Graco stroller. It has storage for me, a cup holder for me, a snack tray for Isla, room for her to move around and be comfortable and most importantly a place to hold all her snacks. I just wish it wasn't so bulky. So instead of a stroller I came home with this.

Isla is no where near ready to potty train and I don't want to push it at all. I just thought I'd get it and have her become familiar with her potty so It wasn't new when we do decide to try....and when she shows me she's ready to try. She points to it and say's "potty, potty!" She sits on it and smiles.....that's good enough for now.

So that's a little portion of our day. I now sit on Amazon trying to decide if a new stroller is in our future or if I'll just keep our very used  loved stroller. That Graco has seen a lot of days with us and it's been a good  little, big guy!

It's held sweet little baby Isla

It's held a shopping Isla looking so cool with her shades

It's held beach baby Isla

It's held a baby Isla the day she got her first tooth

It even held Isla on the most magical day at the happiest place on earth. It held Isla at Disneyland on her 1st. birthday.

So I guess you can say we've been through a lot together....I think I'll keep it and save my money.

1 comment:

stefraab said...

That's so beautiful :*)