I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself today. Lately I've been one of those mom's that I said I would never be....A mom that walks around the damn mall spending money. I think...well I know I've been going to the mall lately because I've lost enough weight that I've had to replace the essentials to my wardrobe. I feel guilty when I spend money. I feel guilty knowing my husband is hard at work and I'm walking around the mall. I'm not sure why it bothers me but it does. I try so hard to not spend money during the week. I try to go to the pool, park, beach or petting zoo instead. I do love buying new things though.......really what woman doesn't? I always think of all the things I "need" even though I could live without them. The bottom line is I don't want to live without them.....okay confession time is over.
As we were leaving the mall I decided to take Isla to the Disney Store. Isla is obsessed with "Pooh Boar." Alex and I bought her a Pooh Bear doll back when she was 11 months old and she loves him. She kisses him, hugs him, "feeds him" and pushes him around in her play stroller.
The love affair with Pooh grew when we took Isla to Disneyland on her 1st. birthday. When she met Pooh Bear she was beyond excited. Did you all know they're releasing "Winnie the Pooh" on the big screen this weekend! We're so excited to take Isla!
So where was I? Disney Store......Isla squealed when she saw the many Pooh Bears. She was in Pooh overload and of course there was a Pooh sale. I just "had" to buy her 4 little stuffed animals. I "had" to buy Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.....my four favorite characters from Winnie the Pooh.
I thought it would be fun to let her walk around on our way out.............BIG Mistake! She wanted to tear the store apart and we know that's not okay. I picked her up and told her to say "bye, bye Pooh." Isla did not want to say "bye, bye Pooh." She had a EPIC melt down. Everyone was staring. I felt like screaming "Hello, have you never dealt with a toddler before?" Now to be honest when she throws a fit in public I don't like it but I'm not too embarrassed by it. Toddlers throw fits.....I'm not going to give in to her fits. She wanted all the toys in the store and that won't happen so she'll have to deal. I don't want her to think that throwing a fit gets results because it doesn't. I held her kicking, screaming and yelling the entire way out of the mall, through the parking lot and into the car. Once she saw her blankie in the car she calmed down and forgot the whole thing. Never a dull moment when you have a almost 18 month old.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh...I love that last picture of her!!! Haha...isn't it great how they can be all red in the face and freaking out one minute and all smiles and cuddles the next! Oh the toddler age begins!
Oh, Pooh Bear! I give you mad props for even going into the Disney Store with a toddler! I don't know how the employees do it, honestly. When are you guys seeing the movie? She'll love getting her Pooh fix! :)
Post a Comment