So it happened. I turned 30 yesterday. I woke up with no new wrinkles, no gray hair and felt happy.
I felt happy because the life I’m leading now is the life I always dreamed of. I’m married to an amazing man. I have the most fabulous little girl, a little girl that looks just like me. A little girl that’s sweet, funny and just plain amazing. I own a home, have food on the table every night and clean clothes on my back. I’m able to be a stay at home mom………and that’s something I’ve always wanted. I’m lucky, I’m grateful.
My 20’s had so many up’s and down’s. My early 20’s were so hard…..My daddy died, I distanced myself from my mother, I had issues with depression and my weight spiraled out of control. My late 20’s things looked up and getting pregnant at 28 was amazing.
My birthday weekend was fun filled and amazing. I was spoiled and loved every minute of it.
I woke up to pancakes and an amazing gift. Isla even wished me a Happy Birthday. After breakfast we got ready for a day at Disneyland….while we were there we decided to buy annual passes so we’ll be back in a couple weeks. Isla loved it and is just at a perfect age to enjoy it. I’m sure she won’t remember it but we sure have fun when we're there. I didn’t feel “old” until it was time to leave. I ached from head to toe. It was a long day but a great day.
Goofy Rocks and my girl has no fear
Time to explore
Daddy and Isla waiting in line for the Pooh ride
My happy girl!
I have a feeling my 30’s will be amazing. I’m not 100% sure what I want to accomplish in my 30’s. I do know I’m hoping for another baby, a healthy, happy marriage and maybe more travel.
Cheers 30’s, I’m ready for you!
3 comments:
Happy birthday mama :)
You rock Barb! And you look amazing :)
I have a DLand pass too :) We should meet up sometime!
Oh my goodness, this looks like the perfect birthday to me! How fun!!!
Yu look amazing, and I'm so happy for you ;)
Post a Comment