Thursday, October 18, 2012

My open letter and other sappy thoughts

Well this is it…..Just 5 days till I meet my baby boy! I’m not as nervous this time and the nerves I do have seem to involve Isla and not the baby. I think that’s pretty normal for a second time mom. There are so many things I want Isla to know, that I wish she would understand before he gets here.
So here is my open letter to my Isla Mae:

Dear Isla,
You will always be my baby, no matter what and my love for you will never change. It may seem like I’m paying more attention to the baby then you but I promise you I don’t love you any less. Mommy is going to be tired, sore and won’t be able to pick you up for 6 whole weeks. I will be able to kiss you and hug you as much as you need me to. I will try my very hardest to keep your routine the way it is, to play Barbie’s with you while I feed the baby, take you for walks and still meet with your friends. If I’m tired and cranky I hope you don’t feel it but I know you and I know you will. I know that if I’m feeling tired and cranky you will make me feel better by giving me your beloved blankie because you are just that sweet.
We will always have an amazing bond and I’m so happy daddy and I could give you a gift of a sibling, something I never got to experience. I know you will love each other and it will make me so happy to see you hug, protect, play, confide and be there for each other. I hope and pray that you will be best friends and have an amazing childhood together. Daddy and I just want you both to be happy and healthy no matter what!  
This is our last weekend as a family of three and as much as I just want to rest and sleep it away I want to be awake and present for every moment. Next week life will change and I feel blessed. I may not have family in my life but I have been lucky enough to create my own. I have an amazing husband who is the love of my life and I’m not just saying that…..I feel lucky that we found each other and that we can be best friends. I have the daughter and now son that I always dreamed of. During this pregnancy I have been blessed with some amazing friends who have checked on me, spoiled me and have loved me through it and they know who they are and damn it they better read this little blog of mine! SO here’s to the new journey in the Beron household. I’m ready for this new chapter. I’m, ready to stop feeling anxious and to just hold my baby boy…..I just want to hug him, kiss him and smell him. I just can’t wait till we meet him and become a family of four, just five more days!
And that my friends is my sappy post, I will blame hormones.


7 comments:

stefraab said...

Haha! Blame hormones. Best finishing sentence ever. Barb, you should be a writer. :)

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Keep blogging, I look forward to hearing all about your precious baby boy :-)

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Keep blogging, I look forward to hearing all about your precious baby boy :-)

Jennifer said...

Barb, this is beautiful! I find it wonderful that you're soaking up these last "three" Beron days. I have a feeling that when Liam comes, everything will be in its right place. The fabulous three will be the perfect four... plus Wally. ;) I love you!!

Eva Marie said...

ok ill blame hormones too because i basically bawled my eyes out :) cant wait to meet your lovely little boy :)

Raegan is my world said...

Very very sweet. Can't wait to see pics of your baby boy.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much!! Can I still blame hormones for making me tear up as I read these comments? Haha!