Thursday, October 4, 2012

36 weeks 5 days pregnant

36 weeks 5 days pregnant
This truly is the homestretch and it’s kind of shocking! I’m excited yes but I’m starting to get a little nervous.
How will Isla react? We’ve tried to prepare her as much as possible and she seems really excited but that may all change when this becomes a reality.
How will I cope with a demanding toddler and newborn? How will I cope with the lack of sleep? How will I be able to leave my baby girl to stay in the hospital for 4 nights? How will I manage it all after major surgery? I think leaving her is what makes me saddest. I think I will cry every time she leaves the hospital.
I know I’ll get through it just like the many women before me.
The things that excite me are things like: What will he look like? Will he look like Isla at birth? Will he be as big? I can’t wait to see my two little ones interact, as an only child I have no idea what that’s like and I can’t wait.
Weight: Well I’m gaining steadily and I honestly feel like a whale. I’m having a hard time embracing the weight gain and finding the beauty in it. I wish I would but all I want is my old body back and I know I’m going to have to work my ass off to get there. I’ve been told I’m all belly but I feel like I’m all belly, butt and arms! This belly can be fun though, the way he moves in there is truly amazing and I’m embracing that every second of the day and have learned to ignore the movement at night so I can sleep.
Cravings: Those damn iced mochas from Starbucks get me every time! I think I’ve spent a lot of money at Starbucks this pregnancy….oops! I love smoothies, ice-cream and anything cold.
How I feel: The lack of sleep is getting to me during the day. The big ‘ol belly causes some aches and pains and my newest symptom, carpel tunnel is making things really interesting. When I climb the stairs it feels as if I ran a marathon. This little boy is a strong one. I love watching my tummy move and I really love it when he moves as I read and sing to Isla. He’s active all day but I can always feel him between 8-11pm every night like clockwork. I really giggle when Isla lies on my belly and he kicks her, she always looks so annoyed and it’s only the beginning!
I’ve been having contractions here and there but they’re not helping me progress. My ob is convinced that this baby is smaller than Isla and that I could have a VBAC if I’d just go into labor on my own, I won’t hold my breath.
When I look at the calendar I have mini panic attack! I can’t believe its October and we will become a family of four! I’m dealing with a lot of mommy guilt. I don’t want to leave her when I go into the hospital and I don’t want her to be scared. I just want my sweet girl to adjust and be happy. All of his clothes are washed, the newborn shoot is booked, the swing and bouncer are set up and the car seat is next. I even have a gift from baby to Isla to have in the room when she meets her baby for the first time.
I’ve been trying to do a lot with Isla and create some summer memories and in this heat it’s not easy. I over-do it more then I should and know I should rest more but these last weeks will be gone before I know it and I really want to look back at this summer/fall and smile.

Here I am pregnant with Isla at 37 weeks.....I carried her so high at the end!


Baby boy Beron at 35 weeks...... I need an updated picture (this weekend)
Can I just say I'm so happy I grew my hair out!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post! You are a strong, beautiful woman and and amazing mother, Barb! I am so inspired by everything that you are. I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks! <3 <3 <3

Raegan is my world said...

You look great.

Winter said...

We are so excited! You know Auntie Tina is always right here! xoxo