23 WEEKS
Excuse the no-make-up look
Wow 23 weeks, really? When I count down the months in my head it kind of scares me. This baby is so active. I know I’ve said it before but he’s a little kicker and puncher. Alex and I are already planning his baseball career. Alex says he’ll be a third basemen but I’m thinking he’ll be too tall.
*Weight Gain: I don’t know why I torture myself by sharing this with the world but this is my very public journal so here it goes. I’m up 15lbs and a couple of weeks ago I cried. Yes I cried, I felt like a failure. How did I gain so much so fast? My doctor told me to stop being hard on myself. I’m doing what I’m supposed to….I’m doing my P90 4-5 days a week. And I’m not pigging out like I did with Isla. I have to remind myself that I lost it once before and I can do it again. I have to tell myself that this could very well be my last pregnancy and I need to embrace all of it…..all 15 new pounds.
*Cravings:
*I crave Fro-Yo and could eat it nightly.
*Chipotle bowls
*Fresh Fruit
And that’s it really. I don’t have many cravings like I did with Isla.
How I’m feeling: I really do think this pregnancy has been harder on my body. I’m really sore by days end and the days I work out its worse physically but better mentally. I really don’t treat myself like I’m pregnant and the doctor says I should rest more but who has time?
I saw my doctor at 22 weeks and she was happy with all she saw. Isla came with me and wanted to listen to her heart too so my doctor kindly used the Doppler on Isla. Isla LOVES going to the doctor, any doctor. I hope going helps her to feel more connected with her brother.
I was measuring a couple weeks ahead at my last appointment and that’s not surprising. I always measured large with Isla. If I continue to measure big I’ll go ahead and schedule my repeat C-section in July for 39 weeks. I really wanted to try and have this baby vaginally but honestly deep down I know it’s not in the cards for me. I grow big babies and my body doesn’t dilate. Another C-section scares me….No lifting Isla for 6 weeks, no cleaning, no laundry and the pain! My recovery after Isla was pure hell and I don’t think I’m remembering wrong or exaggerating. I hope and pray that this one goes better.
We have our nursery theme picked out and paint is ready to go up on the walls soon. I’ve bought a new baby carrier, rug, curtains, crib sheets and his little newborn wardrobe. Isla will help us paint and she loves playing in this new empty room that used to be our off limits office. It’s all very exciting and I can’t wait to share the progress.
23 wks with Isla
Baby boy belly 23wks
You know what I realize when I look at my belly pictures? I look exhausted! The bags come before baby and honestly I don't think I glow much, is that glow thing a myth? I think my belly looks the same as last time but my face and arms look smaller so I'll take it! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment