Friday, June 29, 2012

Girls Day Out

We've entered the "terrible two" phase. Some day's are great and some days can be down right exhausting. We had a few hard days this week and I wanted to have a fun mother daughter day with my sweet girl. I wanted to be completely focused only on her. I took her to Disneyland before our passes were blocked out for the summer. I’ll have 6 or 7 weeks to take her back before baby boy comes but let’s face it I’ll be huge and uncomfortable by then so today was the day. She was so excited to be there and I let her run the show. I let her pick each ride in order and I happily followed. She chose “Small World” first and was so excited as we walked toward it I heard “Small World, Isla is coming!” It melted my heart.  Then she chose “Alice,” “Mr. Toad,” “Pinocchio,” and “Snow White.” After going on some rides we had a treat in front of the castle and walked into the toy store on Main Street. I had her pick any toy she wanted. She pointed to “Sully” and smiled. Secretly that’s the one I wanted her to pick, he's just so cute. We went slow, we had some girl talk, we explored and I really tried to take in the expressions on her face without distractions.
You can call it mommy guilt or spoiling but I’m happy I did it. I know that it may be a very long time till I get to take her again, just the two of us. I know the summer will fly by and it won’t be just mommy and Isla anymore. I know it will be a huge change for both of us and so I was guilty of spoiling my baby that day. She may not remember our mother daughter day but I will!
If I really take the time to think about it all I become overwhelmed and tear up. I just want Isla to adjust to all the change. She is my world and I don't want to see her hurt, I want to see her happy. I want her to be over the moon happy about her new baby brother.....That's not too much to ask, right?

No comments: