Tuesday, May 1, 2012

These are the moments.....

One of the reasons I love Isla's big girl bed is because I get to cuddle and chat with her each night before bed. We have mini conversations while we cuddle and last nights went like this:

Isla: "Mommy fun today?"

Me: "Did we have fun today?"

Isla: "Yup"

Me: "What did we do?"

Isla: "We saw Target, we saw Trader Joe's, we went in beep-beep, we play backyard, we see Wally!"

2 Seconds later:

Isla: "You member butterfly mommy, you member?'

Me: "I do remember baby!"

I told her she was so incredibly smart and gave her a big kiss! She recalled the day in the exact order. It was a day of running errands but I'm happy she found it fun.

I then kissed her good night and closed the door with a smile on my face.

These are the moments that make everything worth it. On the days like today when a tantrum was thrown for the neighborhood, my back hurt from this pregnancy and when I thought I had lost my wallet at the doctors office. It's those moments that help parents get through the day.



No comments: