Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This Christmas......

Things have been busy, exciting, fun and laid back all at the same time. Alex has had this week off and we’ve been spending lots of time together.

Christmas was amazing. Experiencing Christmas with a toddler is eventful and just plain fun…..no other Christmas has been better. I always thought Christmas as a child was amazing but it’s nothing compared to Christmas as a parent. She squealed with delight when she saw the tree on Christmas morning. She became very good at opening each and every present. She acted as if each present was as good as the last. We went slowly, what was the rush? We let her go at her own pace…..we didn’t want to overwhelm her. It was a magical morning. If you can’t tell I’m a wee bit in love with this girl.

She loves her new Kitchen
What could it be?
Thank you Aunt Jenny for my smoothie maker!
Mommy got lucky too!
  Christmas night was spent with our extended family. I dressed Isla in an adorable pink sweater dress, tights, ballet flats and some homemade flowers for her pig tails. Do I have a picture of this beautiful girl? NO! I get a mother of the year award for this…..How sad is that? I didn’t even realize no pictures were taken until the Pj’s were on and she was asleep in my arms. I felt and feel horrible about it. Isla was so overwhelmed and tired by that point….pictures didn’t even cross my mind. Just trust me when I say she looked beautiful.
Now the decorations are down and the house looks so much bigger and de-cluttered. I found a place for each toy…..some stayed downstairs and some are now upstairs. I put the kitchen, food and accessories in her room. I placed the doctor kit, giant Pooh bear and her doll crib in her room as well. I left her easel in the garage to come out when she wants to color or paint. And she now has new blocks, magna doodle, musical instruments and puzzles for the living room. We’ve seen Isla grow up a lot this week. The way she plays with all her new toys is just amazing; she has such an imagination. I love watching her be creative and express herself through art and dramatic play.
Paging Dr. Pooh Bear
This makes her room look so grown up.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I felt so blessed this Christmas, I love my little family more than they’ll ever know.
What kind of So. Cal Christmas would it be without a trip to the beach?

2 comments:

Ron Beron said...

Christmas morning was made all the better by watching Isla opening her gifts and especially when she made the dolls bed her own.

Eva Marie said...

Merry Christmas! And happy new year

I can relate to every single thing in this post - lovely
It's so nice to jut be a family together on Christmas :) and watch the magic unfold in your little ones eyes