Monday, December 12, 2011

Isla Mae's weekend in review

We had such a busy and fun weekend.....I thought doing a weekend-in-review might be fun.
Isla is learning and doing so many new things so forgive me if I ramble on.....I just don't ever want to forget this time in her life.

On Friday night we decided to walk around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights. This is one of those traditions that I want to start. She is in absolute heaven looking at the lights and tryng to find the moon. The 20-30 minute walk is filled with excitement and a little girl that won't stop talking. "Look mom, LOOK!!!!" "Look mom a snowman." "Look mom Santa!" And my personal favorite "Look mom a reindeer." "LOOOOOOOK!" I think everyone in every house can hear miss Isla Mae coming a mile away. I think she's going to really miss Christmas when it's over.


On Saturday our Angels held a press conference welcoming Albert Poljos and CJ Wilson. I'm a baseball nerd.....I LOVE baseball and when I awoke to this news earlier in the week I was jumping up and down on the phone with Alex in my PJ's, in my living room. Isla started screaming "Go Angels" and giving me high fives. When we heard the press conference was open to fans we just had to be there. When we pulled into the parking lot Isla gasped and yelled "Angels, whoo-hoo!" Yes people, we have brain washed her nicely. We weren't able to stay as long as we wanted, nap time was calling very loudly. It was fun to experience everything even if it was for a short time.



On Sunday we went to Disneyland.....I know shocker, right? We love it there and we're getting our money's worth out of those passes. Isla did great....I think her favorite rides are "Dummo" (That's Dumbo), The Pooh bear ride of course, Alice in Wonderland and The Little Mermaid. After a morning at Disneyland we walked to Downtown Disney for a WTE meet-up. WTE is a message board where a bunch of amazing mommies all met when we were pregnant. We've all watched each other's bellies, babies and now toddlers grow up. It's been an amazing support system and I've made some lasting friendships. The meet-ups are always so fun but boy was it hard this year. The kids are just that....kids not babies. They don't just sit on our laps while we catch up. Nope they run away, scream, play in the water fountain and make it very hard to get a good picture. I'm so happy we were able to meet-up even if it is a bit difficult.

*Phew* Reading this reminds me why I'm so tired tonight. Reading this makes me realize Isla head-butting me mid-tantrum and leaving me with a fat lip was probably due to exhaustion.

3 comments:

Eva Marie said...

What a LOVELY weekend.. I love that you guys have disney passes I think it is so sweet. Thats the one thing I should have done when we were in Cali in 2010 but didnt think of it. Although Liv throughly enjoyed Disney World :)

Love the meet-up pic and so glad I have gotten to "meet" you through wte :)

Unknown said...

Wow that was a busy weekend! But it sounds like it was a blast! I'm so jealous that you guys can visit Disneyland whenever you want. Ok, I'm also jealous of the meetup! So neat ;)

Anonymous said...

It was SO nice seeing you guys again :) We definitely have to meet more than once a year! LOL