Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy 9 years to us!

Has it really been 9 years since I said “I Do?” Has it really been 14 years since we’ve been together? Now how the heck did we get so old?

It's kinda fun being able to display your prom picture next to your wedding picture :)

We met at 15…. We were smitten, we were young and in love.

At 19 Alex asked my dad for my hand in marriage…..My dad was thrilled.

We were engaged for 13 months and married on September 1st 2002. It was and is the hottest day on record for September 1st. It was only 114 that day.


7 short years later we made this perfect little girl together.


We’ve had ups and downs but one thing has always remained….Love. Cheesy I know but true.
He knows how to make me laugh and I’m pretty sure I do the same. We can laugh all day about things most would never understand or find funny.  We’re always there for each other. He knows me better than anyone else on this earth.
I’m blessed to have in in my life and I know deep down he was brought into my life for a reason. I know he was placed into my life at a young age for a reason. I'm so lucky to have this man in my life! Alex I love you, Happy Anniversary!

*ps sorry for the poor picture quality......We were dating, engaged and married during a time when film was developed at the local drug store......I told you we were getting old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Barb! We are so alike in many ways. I dated Brent in H.S. and we went to Prom together too :) We were engaged for 12 months and married at 21yrs. We also had about 6yrs of marriage before Jacob was born. Kinda awesome!

Congrats to you both and I wish you a very happy Anniversary :)

stefraab said...

Gawwwwwwwww, you cheeseball :-)
Young Alex is funny hahahaha

jinnie said...

This is so sweet and so beautiful and just SO AWESOME! Just how cute were the two of you at 15?! Loved this post. <3

jlynn30 said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great story...love it!