Liam turned 18 months last week; I can’t even wrap my mind
around that. I decided to look up Isla’s milestones from 18 months for some fun
comparisons and found so many similarities and differences. I documented
everything about Isla almost daily, weekly. I documented my pregnancy with Liam
and now I just find myself struggling to find time for a run yet alone my journaling
here. It makes me sad that I don’t have
as much written down about my Lee and all the 18 month pics I took of Isla on
the exact day she turned 18 months, well Liam won’t have those either. I don’t
think it makes me a bad mom, just a busy mom.
My little Liam is ALL boy. And while Isla was “spirited” and
active I think it’s safe to say Liam is a bit more spirited. He feels every
emotion and let’s his feelings known. He has such a sweet little heart and when
he’s not exploring the world around him he just wants to read a book in your
lap, feed you his snack, give you a big wet kiss, a nice warm hug and the
coyest little looks.
Liam is a walking, talking, climbing, sweet and feisty
little man. He's
stringing words together like “bye, bye birdie” and “night, night Isla.” His
newest words are “baseball,” “two” and
“baby!” His voice is so deep and hoarse and I’m absolutely in love with it.
He love picking Isla up from preschool, climbing the stairs
at the park, going down the slide while yelling “weeee”, and saying “Hi” to
every person he meets.
Isla is growing, growing, growing. She’s just so tall and
beautiful. She loves school and I love her teachers. She is learning so much,
so fast. She loves doing little educational workbooks during Liam’s naps,
using scissors and tape to crate works of art, playing Frozen, playing outside, learning to play baseball with daddy and
singing.
Some days are hard. The days when they fight each other nonstop
or the days they both need me at the exact same time but we manage. The good
always outweighs the bad. The days when Isla wants to cuddle and tells you she
loves you and Liam gives you the sweetest look with his baby blues.
The house isn’t as clean as it was two years ago and I don’t
run 5 days a week anymore like back in the day and the laundry may not get
folded in a timely matter but really in the end does that stuff matter? I try
to tell myself that it doesn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment