Saturday, November 2, 2013

Liam is ONE!


Liam is ONE

My sweet “little” Liam, where should I begin?

Liam is one and he’s amazing! He is walking, running, climbing; imitating animal sounds, talking; pointing to things, waving…..I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff. Anyone who meets Liam, even a stranger on the street falls in love. I’ve seen 20 year old men get all giggly when Liam waves and smiles. He’s the sweetest guy and I’m so lucky.  Liam is a big boy….24lbs and 33.5 inches long! Isla was 23lbs and 30 inches long. I’m kind of scared to see how tall you’ll be!!

Liam’s had a rough year. It’s been filled with fevers, so many fevers. He’s had too many blood draws to count, x-rays, ultrasounds, more doctor appointments then I care to remember and he’s still getting poked and prodded.  This was a rough week for us and we still don’t have clear answers but we’re all hanging in there. We had a good couple months of happy and I appreciate those times more than ever. If anything Liam has taught us to take nothing for granted! The lazy days at home without having to check a temperature or call his doctor are the most amazing days.  The days where I can just chill with my beautiful kids, amazing! The days where I can lay my head down at night and just be grateful for my family of four, amazing! This family brings me such joy I could burst. I look back of pictures before we had kids and I look happier now more than I ever did. The sleep deprivation, the backaches that are constant and the days I don’t get a moment to sit down and eat are worth it. I do like the occasional afternoon to myself though, nothing like grocery shopping or going to Starbucks ALONE!
 
Liam's first party was so fun. It was filled with Disneyland, cupcakes, ice-cream, all things Baseball and our closest friends. The friends that have stuck by us this year and have been such a major support system. I'd be lost without all of you!
 
My son did surprise me when he tasted both ice-cream and cupcakes and looked disgusted! He must belong to a different family! I think he'd rather eat whole wheat pretzels and green apples, silly kid!

 
Liam, you’re so strong, so sweet and so smart…..I’m so lucky to be your mom! And Isla Mae, I love you more than words. You’re the best big sister and so feisty just like your mama!

This blogging thing doesn’t come easy these days but I’m so happy it’s here so I don’t forget anything, life moves quickly!
Man, do I ever cook beautiful children! ;) I'm so beyond blessed!

1 comment:

stefraab said...

I love those kiddos like family. I can't wait for liam to be happy and healthy again and come see you guys!! Happy bday to the little guy, again, and boy is he lucky to have such a caring, wonderful mom :)