Sunday, August 11, 2013

Life right now



Watching them hold hands, play together, laugh at each other and “talk” to each other is just the best. I’m so happy that they will always have each other; I truly hope they can be best friends their entire lives.

 
                                                     
I just received Isla’s back to school packet and had a mini panic attack. I can’t believe she’s old enough to go to school, I can’t believe how much busier life will become! I’ve never been away from this girl, it’s like we’re joined at the hip and it’s very bittersweet. She has her back pack, new shoes, new school clothes, new socks and a lunch box. She’s ready, we’re ready….I think.

 

I’m in party planning mode and if you know me you know this is no surprise. I’m keeping Liam’s party small. Just the people that have truly been there for him this crazy first year of his and I’m excited! I bought him a little Angels jersey because……shocker, it’s baseball themed! It’s actually a perfect theme for a fall birthday. We’ll have hotdogs and a bunch a yummy baseball stadium food.

On top of party planning I’m in project mode. We painted the upstairs, hung new pictures, got rid of some old and freshened up the place a bit. We’ve lived here 7 years now and have no desire to leave so it’s time to redecorate. Our next project is our little side yard.

Thank you Pinterest! Record album holders 3 for $5 at Michaels
and I saved a bundle!





That’s life as of right now. It’s kind of quiet and I’m just going to enjoy it before the school year starts and things get a bit more complicated. I'll savor this last piece of summer as the swim classes come to an end, splash pads turn off and the sun starts setting earlier. I'm ready for traffic to die down, the beach crowds to leave and hoodies.....I'm ready for fall! I'll be honest and tell you I'm scared to death Liam will get sick again like he did this last year. I'm scared Isla will bring home germs and he won't react normally. I'd usually say these types of fears are irrational but in Liam's case they're really not. All I can do is stay hopeful and maybe he'll, we'll all catch a break this coming fall/winter.
 

                                      I'm sorry but they are beautiful.....I did something right!

No comments: